- Aadhaar card is mandatory to apply for NEET 2017 examination.
- The candidates must have passed the 10+2 or its equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology with English.
- The minimum percentage for general category is 50%, for SC/ST/OBC is 40%, for general PH is 45% and for SC/ST/OBC handicapped is 40%.
- The candidates appearing for the qualifying exam can also apply. They must have to show the passing certificates complying with the percentage criteria at the time of first round of counselling.
- Marks obtained in math shall not be considered for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
All the states participating in the NEET 2017 will fill their 85% seats of MBBS/BDS though state counselling, while the remaining 15% of the seats will be filled through All India centralized counselling. The eligibility for the 85% quota seats of the states are mentioned below:
- Candidates must have completed/appearing his/her 10th and 12th from the state.
- Candidate must possess a valid domicile of the state.
- Candidate should posses a residency proof of the state.
- The candidate must be the citizen of India or Overseas citizen.
- The candidates must have completed the age of 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of Admission.
- The upper age limit is 25 years (5 years relaxation for the SC/ST/OBC candidates) as on or before 31st December of the year of Admission.
- The candidates belong to J&K, AP and Telangana are eligible to appear the exam only for the admission to the AFMC, Pune on the basis of self declaration.